Noob World Order

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Noob World Order

WoW Community Forum

Latest topics

» Prot mana regen? Seriously?
Tanking Basics EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 1:29 pm by Uriell

» Druid Love
Tanking Basics EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:32 pm by Priestastic

» Tanking Basics
Tanking Basics EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:08 pm by Sarrael

» Protection gearing.
Tanking Basics EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:49 pm by Sarrael

» Warlocks & Dual Spec (how to make the most of it)
Tanking Basics EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:39 pm by Sarrael

» Elemental Shammies (according to Tim)
Tanking Basics EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:51 pm by Boovine

» Hunter hit rate cap PvE
Tanking Basics EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:08 pm by Priestastic

» Gemming for resto shammie
Tanking Basics EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:32 pm by Sarrael

» Priestly Stats
Tanking Basics EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 pm by Priestastic

Navigation

Forum

Affiliates

Tanking Basics

Sarrael
    Sarrael

Tanking Basics Empty Tanking Basics

Post  Sarrael Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Glyphs

• Glyph of Divine Plea: This glyph is uber for providing damage mitigation at no cost. (YOU MUST GET THIS)
    • Glyph of Seal of Vengeance: This glyph gives a very nice boost to expertise when using our tanking seal. Expertise means bosses don't dodge/parry you as often == more threat and less parry haste. (YOU SHOULD GET THIS)
    • Glyph of Whatever: Hammer of the Righteous, Avenger's Shield, or Judgment for a decent threat boost. Or Hand of Salvation for a quasi cooldown. (PICK ONE YOU LIKE)

Rotation: It's all about the 69
    You've got your 6's. Shield of Righteousness & Hammer of the Righteous.
    You've got your 9's. Consecrate, Holy Shield, Judgement

Doesn't matter what order you do em in. You just pick an order for the 9's and alternate the 6 in between them.
    Here's a video to explain:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZyOoMKtREI

This rotation has been proven to provide our maximum threat output. Proper use of it will ensure that you stay well ahead of the DPS.

Spec: Mitigation > Avoidance > Threat

Base Spec: 0/53/12 + 6

This spec gives you all the mitigation and avoidance talents and leaves you with 6 more points to play with.

A couple of things which need explaining:

• 1/2 Spiritual Attunement: If you're using blessing of sanctuary, and divine plea, 1 point is sufficient to ensure that you'll have enough mana for the 69696 rotation. You can certainly choose to use one of your remaining points here if you like, but it's not needed if you're keeping up divine plea.
    • 1/2 Improved Judgements: This is needed to properly maintain the 69696 rotation
    • 2/2 Vindication: With the changes in 3.2, this now significantly reduces the melee damage bosses do. It's equivalent to demoralizing shout, and is very beneficial to survival.
    • 3/5 Reckoning: These are needed to move to the higher levels of the prot tree. Feel free to put these into whatever you like. Personally I like a point or 3 into Divine Sacrifice/Guardian for the bonus to Sacred Shield, and the occasional "Raidwall" CD which can work well on certain boss fights. The other two points I put into Reckoning.

The 6 points you have left over can be used to create the following spec options:
    5/54/12
    0/53/18
    0/53/18(PoJ)
    As well as a few other combinations..
    Crusade and Seals of the Pure are very good threat talents. Pursuit of Justice is nice for picking up adds, positioning, and many boss fights that require a lot of movement. Divine Sacrifice/Guardian is good for mitigation when you're not being healed by a pally, and for the aforementioned "Raidwall" CD. Mix and match what you're comfortable with.

As for me.. My current favorite is:
    THIS

Finally..
    If you have any questions about how to use any of the above info, or why some of these choices are taken over something else, PLEASE ASK. There's a lot of other useful and important info and tricks to pally tanking. But this should get you started. If you have specific questions, mail me, send me a tell, or ask here.

Thanks